As a quantitative researcher, you will use your quantitative expertise and deep understanding of options markets to develop sophisticated trading strategies.
Volant is a technology-driven trading firm made up of a close-knit group of quantitative traders and technologists. For over 10 years we have specialized in automated options, futures and equities trading from our offices in New York, Chicago, and Hong Kong. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial culture, flat hierarchy, and cross team collaboration.
As a quantitative researcher, you will have the opportunity to do the following:
• Build trading strategies.
• Research trading signals.
• Analyze performance of strategies.
• Test and implement models for trading, pricing, and risk management.
• Work on a wide range of products across different markets.
In order to meet our standards, you will need the following:
• Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field.
• Excellent quantitative modeling, analytical and research skills.
• Ability to find pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Experience in financial markets, including options.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven leadership and academic excellence.
• At least 2 years of experience in financial industry.
• Some trading background is a plus.
We expect experience in some, though not necessarily all, of the following:
• Python and C++ programming.
• Linux including shell scripts.
• Processing large data sets.